Welcome to AskRI.org – the answer to your questions! Learn how to make the most of the resources in front of you.
AskRI.org is designed to be Rhode Island’s most complete site for finding out what you need. Students, jobseekers, librarians and educators, and the curious can all reach the information they need – with a librarian’s help, by exploring our services, or through carefully chosen pages of other helpful sites.
Looking to find out more about the services we offer? Here’s a look at each database:
- AtoZ databases: For finding businesses and jobs, building mailing lists, marketing research and more.
- EBSCOhost: Online articles and books for researchers and students of any age.
- LearningExpress: Materials for advancing school, career, or life skills.
- Mango Languages: Free, extensive courses for learning a new language.
- World Book Online: Trusted online encyclopedias and learning tools.
Our news page is for anyone looking for all of AskRI’s updates — upgrades from our databases, major changes on our site, events, and more. Subscribe via email on the sidebar on the right hand side of the page – and be sure to look us up on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
With AskRI’s email reference service, you can get expert help from a librarian with your questions. If you’re looking for documents or records like a copy of a birth certificate, or details about heading to the beach, our reference librarians can point you in the right direction. Our email service is available at least 40 hours a week; you can also reach the librarians by using this form.
Librarians & Educators
Librarians and educators can put AskRI to use in the ways that work best for them – request talks about our site, get bookmarks and other materials, sign up for online courses for learning helpful software, and much more through the dedicated Educator and Librarian Center.
AskRI offers a constantly evolving collection of links to provide information on many topics.