Rhode Island’s Statewide Reference Resource Center at Providence Public Library provides reference services to all Library of Rhode Island (LORI) member libraries. These services are available only to RI libraries and library staff.
Promotional Resources, Statistics & Resource Information
- PR Materials: Request AskRI.org and Database promotional materials.
- Book an AskRI Promo Talk: We’ll speak at our library/school/commiunity center about AskRI.org.
- Links, logos & vendor information: In and Out of State access information.
- AskRI Database Statistics: Provided through the OLIS Website.
Resources for Librarians & Educators
- Mango Languages Spanish for Librarians: A free course in conversational Spanish tailored for librarians.
- Explora Educator’s Edition: Highlights content relevant to K-12 teachers, including information on state curriculum standards and access to lesson plans from ERIC and other resources.
Rhode Island Information Organizations & Resources
- LORI Library Directory: Find locations & LORI codes for libraries within the statewide resource sharing network.
- RI Office of Library and Information Services: The state office’s updates & resources for the support of libraries.
- RI.gov: RI Government on the web.
- RI Government Information: A directory of state government information.
- United Way 2-1-1 Rhode Island: State hotline to connect people with the social services to provide aid.